- Set your portfolio using -setportfolio <portfolio>.
- Set your PayPal using -setpaypal <email>.
- Set your tip link using -settip <paypal.me>.
- Set your timezone using -settimezone <timezone>.
- Read the page in #guidelines for ticket process, regulations, etc.
- Make sure that you have your Direct Messages ENABLED so our bot can communicate with you.
- Freelancers will always maintain professionalism and maturity when interacting with the community, clients, staff, and anyone else.
- Freelancers will not speak ill or poorly of Mixelate or affiliated parties in public channels. If there is an issue, speak with a superior.
- Freelancers will not screenshot, discuss, disclose, or otherwise release any information from private channels (including staff, freelancer, and commission channels).
- Freelancers will make sure to save all information in regard to the commissions they complete in the event details are lost through our platform.
Step One - Claiming Commissions
- When a client creates a commission, it will appear in the #commissions channel. Freelancers will be pinged when the commission pertains to their area of work.
To claim a commission, the freelancer must quote the commission. They will then be added to the commission channel if the client picks up their quote. You can also ask questions to the client and responses will appear in the #alerts channel.
Step Two - Negotiation
- Once added to the commission channel, the freelancer can further discuss details, deadlines, technical specifics, etc.
- If a client would like a different freelancer based on price, availability, portfolio, or other factors, the freelancer who claimed the commission may be removed and the commission may be reposted.
- Once details like price, deadline, and other technical specifics are finalized, you will move into the purchase phase.
Be sure to negotiate properly, agreeing to an amount without taking fees into consideration is a mistake. Please ensure that all commissions are quoted above the minimum pricing requirement in #pricing.
Step Three - Purchase
- Once you are done negotiating, tag your commission manager to generate you an invoice. This will also add fee for listing a commission on Mixelate for taxes and other fees. The processing fee is non-refundable.
Once the client’s payment has been confirmed, the freelancer can begin work on the commission. Do not begin work until payment is confirmed by the bot.
Step Four - Work
- Freelancers should not begin work on a commission until Mixelate's bot has confirmed that the client has paid.
- If the client asks for updates on a commission, freelancers are expected to provide them.
Even if the client doesn’t ask for updates, it’s a good idea to send them anyway!
Step Five - Payment
- After you have completed a commission, when both you and client mark the commission as complete, the payment should be sent to your Mixelate wallet. Funds will be held in the wallet for 48 hours; this is the window clients have to request changes/dispute refunds If you have not received your payment or your funds are locked passed 48 hours, please create a support ticket.
- To receive payment, make sure that your PayPal email has been set correctly when withdrawing funds using /wallet withdraw. Failure to run this command correctly will result in your money being sent elsewhere. Which Mixelate cannot fix.
Mixelate takes a 15% cut of all commissions, all payments on both ends are good and services with no exceptions. Make sure to properly negotiate your payment with this in consideration.